October 11, 2012

Strange place

I woke up today way too late feeling way too icky. I ended up staying home when mom and David went to go work on the house because I figured I couldn't be too much help feeling this icky.

Hopefully this will end up being a semi-productive day, but I have my doubts. It's rainy, I'm tired, I have soreness as if I exercised but I am fairly certain I didn't. I guess I'll drink some green tea in a bit to see if I can get myself going.

I think my sleep cycles have been very short lately. I think it's supposed to be around 90 minutes before one reaches the REM part of the cycle, but I keep having elaborate dreams and waking up from them just an hour after I fell asleep. I've never been one to consistently wake up in the middle of the night, but lately it's been a nightly occurrence.

I can't think of anything else to write about, so I guess I will write about my dream.

I can't remember where we were coming from, but my mom and I were in my car on our way home when we stopped in Santa Cruz. We met up with my brother there and he wanted us to have dinner there. I was really tired and suggested we finish the drive back home first and have dinner there, but my brother said that he can't do that because he was going back to Fresno.

Somehow we ended up in the place where he was living in my dream and we were going to spend the night there. Completely unlike reality, my brother lived in a really bad area in a kind of run down place. At one point, I was in the kitchen and some random kid came in. I thought about telling the kid to leave, but then I noticed him go to the sink and put cold water and his wrist like it hurt. Then I saw a woman outside and wondered if she hurt the boy. So I went to the screen door of the place and shut it and held it closed because the screen door would not lock. I didn't say anything but stood there trying to communicate "You can't come in here." The woman didn't really react, she just left. Then I remembered that my brother only had exclusive right to his room and that this kitchen was common area. The kid wasn't wrong to come into the house and I had no right to keep the woman out (other than to protect the child.)

So we spent the night. The next morning, I was packing my things. My mom told me to pack carefully because people are often robbed in the area. When I finished, neither my mom or brother were there. For some reason, I didn't feel like I was in an appropriate place to change so I left the room still in the sweats and shirt that I slept in with my hair not brushed. I found mom and Jesse at a breakfast place down stairs where there was bagels and juice (like at a hotel). They already got their breakfast and went to a table, I went to get mine wondering where I could find a public restroom to change in and then got into a conversation with someone about something. Then I woke up never having had the opportunity to find mom and Jesse again, eat breakfast, or change my clothes.

Weird. I wonder why I dreamed that.

No comments: