October 02, 2012

Job hunt, other fun stuff

What better reason is there to jump back into blogging than necessity?
Necessity? I'll go into that part later.
I just checked my blog to see when I've last posted here. A year ago yesterday. I guess there is a lot of catching up to do. I graduated with my Masters degree last May and started the job hunt. Despite my optimism/denial that told me that somehow I would be immune to the problems finding jobs that everyone else runs into, after four months of applying I am still unemployed.
Four months has been the longest I've gone without a school or job to go to and it has been a very stressful experience. It is very discouraging to write cover letter after cover letter with no response.
I keep having to remind myself to have fun. I've done a bit of traveling just around the state- the Bay Area, Sonora, San Diego, and Fresno. Those trips have helped me stay sane.
I have a bit of guilt whenever I go too long without applying to anything, though.
 So now we're in the present. I actually have a job interview coming up! It will be my first one since graduating. Since it's not until the 19th, I have lots of time to prepare. There will be a writing test before the interview.
The writing test worries me a little. As you might be able to tell by the lack of updates on the blog, I haven't been feeling like much of a writer lately. In a way, I feel like I've lost the ability to express myself in words somehow. I've really wanted to get it back for some time now, so now that I have an upcoming test and possibly a job that requires writing skill, it is time to try to get this ability back. So here I am back on the blog and I plan to write a blog entry every day at least until the interview.
Here goes nothing! 

No comments: