October 16, 2012

A little fun

I can do this blog before midnight! I can! I can!

Today I had a little fun for once. A married couple who are friends of mine invited me over to their house for spaghetti, pie, and games and it was really great. I don't get a lot of opportunities to hang out and not worry about the ol' job hunt these days with most of my good friends moved away.

The top two most hilarious things in the evening... in no particular order.

1) (Sorry for being political, but...) during the presidential debate when Mitt Romey said that you need to be "flexible when hiring women" because they need to be home in time to make dinner. Hello 1950s! My friends and I joked about that one for a while. Ironically, Lynn (the wife) was sitting on the couch with me watching the debate while Brian (her husband) was at the stove preparing dinner.

2) I was playing with their GINORMOUS cat with some shiny feathers at the end of a stick. It was on one of the dinner table chairs and I put the toy up near the back of the chair. The cat ended up putting all of her weight on the back of the chair and sent the whole thing toppling over. It was kind of hilarious. The cat was OK, but a little shaken.

Tomorrow is my interview preparation. I hope it goes well. :)

No comments: