October 03, 2012

Restless and overheated

Don't you just hate it when you wake up in the middle of the night and you're suddenly stressing out over things that you can't even really understand? It's like your brain wants to stress so much that it can't even bother figure out what it is stressing about; instead you have all these rambling thoughts that make no sense flying through your conscious as if they were things of actual importance. Once you get back to sleep or wake up more,  you won't even remember what those things were.

I had that at 4 am this morning. It seems to happen to me a lot these days. I think it's a side effect to not having a real routine or solid deadlines to worry about. I know that I tend to thrive on stress in a way (at least until the point that I get overwhelmed, but I can handle a lot. The idea that my mind seems to need it to an extent is interesting. It's like my brain is restless and bored without it.

Part of what's been screwing with my head lately has also been the heat. We've had record high temperatures in the area during the past few days. I think high temperatures in places that are acclimated to it is fine because there are air conditioners everywhere, but it's much more difficult to escape the heat here. My mom and I think we have an allergy to the heat because we both tend to get itchy and rashes when we sweat a lot. I've also been having a lot of headaches and congestion.

Anyway, I just got back from walking the dog and there's a nice breeze now. I guess we finally have the "cool off" that the weatherman on TV has been promising. Now that I am feeling better, I can start refocusing my energies on applications and preparing for my upcoming interview. 

No comments: