October 18, 2012

Portfolio

Less than 11 hours until the interview.

That's the time I will use to do the last preparations, sleep, get ready, and then get to the consulate.

Wish me luck!

I'm spending the night in San Francisco at the moment and I came back a little while ago from having dinner and ice cream with Juan, Solon, and Sam. Being around them helped me get my mind off of the stress of the situation.

People who know me might know that when I get stressed out, I tend to sometimes fixate on something that be optional determined to make it happen. At the interview prep session, the woman had a really nice portfolio which she was showing me neat little tricks I could do to impress the interviewer. After that, I was pretty dead-set on getting one. I planned on going to Staples or WalMart in Gilroy on my way to San Francisco, but then had to go to Salinas to get my phone car charger from my mom and ended up going to the Office Depot instead. There I just happened to find exactly what I wanted just a little beat up with no others on the shelf on and no way to tell how much it cost. The salesperson told me I could just take it at no cost.

:)

It was that moment that I decided that things were starting to turn into my favor and that tomorrow's interview was going to be great.

Still nervous, though, but wishing for the best!

No comments: