October 10, 2012

Doors

I am pretty bad at this once a day thing. (haha) I was helping out with the rental house in Salinas again, so I was a bit too preoccupied with that to remember this silly thing that I am trying to turn into a habit.

One thing we're trying to do is replace the door on the house. The only problem is that it is an old house and the door is wider than standard doors are now and they don't have a lot of money to spend on anything right now. My mom and I already checked the Last Chance shop at the local dump and also the Habitat for Humanity store. I used my handy dandy smart phone, google'd, and found a list of businesses that sell recycled materials for houses and we found another place in Castroville to look at doors at. Unfortunately, we haven't had any luck. The search has been kind of fun, at least in my opinion. I've enjoyed going to those places and seeing all of the things they have.

(They kind of make me wish even more I had my own place to furnish, however...)

Some people who know me well might know this, but I can be very stubborn when I get involved in a task. I keep telling my mom we should call the business on the list I found in Santa Cruz to see if they have what we are looking for. It can be hard for me to move on once I have a search going. (In fact, I just might hop back onto Craigslist after I post this.)

Consequently, I haven't done a lot of applying for jobs in the past few days. It's not as if I am wasting my time, however, since helping my mom out was part of the deal for my rent at her place to be so cheap. I like this to feel equitable so that I can feel like an adult amidst the overall standstill my life is in.  Other than that, my main focus right now should be preparing for my interview, which is in a week and two days! (yayyy!) I can't believe how time flies.

No comments: