February 29, 2008

This spring...

I could totally be a morning person all of the time if I was just better at sleeping.

I LOVE waking up in the morning feeling refreshed. Then opening up my eyes and seeing the sunlight shining through the window, then glancing at a clock and finding that there are still a few morning hours left to make good use of.

Today was one of those days.

I set my alarm earlier than usual for my eye doctor's appointment and actually woke up before it went off.

I should mention that it's a lot easier to wake up in the morning now that it's a little warmer out. We've been having some sun each day until around 4 when the fog rolls into Seaside/Fort Ord. I've gotten out of the habit of wearing my big brown ("Eskimo") jacket and I've been wearing my hooded brown zip up sweater all of the time- even after the fog rolls in. I'm used to that chill, so it doesn't really bother me if I have a sweater.

I don't know if it's "officially" spring yet (the people who made my calendar didn't put that on there- it's pretty much the only way I ever know), but acacias are in bloom everywhere which announces spring in my book, anyway.

There's an acacia tree outside of my house right by my room. It's so bright that the sun reflecting off it can be blinding (of course, I'm very sensitive to light these days because of eye issues).

Those of you who read my blogs last year (all two of you) know that I used to dread that plant. I'm kind of allergic to it. I used to always get all plugged up and sneeze when that tree would bloom.

But at the same time I've always liked it. I think it's neat how all of the yellow flowers seem to bloom at the exact same time in Prunedale, Monterey, and pretty much everywhere in between.

This time last year I really appreciated CSUMB's lack of plant life.

This year, the Acacias are in bloom, but I'm not sneezing.

!!!!!

Allergy-wise, this is the best Spring I've had in a while.

So I went to the eye doctor again today. She decided that it's probably a viral eye infection and that those can take quite some time to cure. She gave me a prescription for steroid eye drops which will make my eyes feel better (and help my vision- which has been effected by the inflammation). Unfortunately, this will just make my eyes FEEL better, so it wouldn't be time for celebration and contacts. I'm looking at about three months more of this nonsense- hopefully not more than that.

I'm in capstone hell right now. It looks like I need to have it pretty much done next week. I went on a local library tour today in search for more books to help me with my topic- it was unsuccessful, but I kind of enjoyed the adventure.

Neatest building- Marina, although I think I just liked it because it appears to be new and it's not trashed yet. (Castroville was weirdly similar- which made me appreciate Marina less).
Best Japanese language book selection- Salinas Public Library (although it wasn't THAT impressive)
Best street name- Speegle St. (in Castroville)
Hardest library to find- Castroville
Easiest- Salinas- because I've been there about a hundred times as a kid.

I used to LOVE the library when I was younger. I used to pillage the kids section. (hehe)

It's funny that I keep wanting to type "post office" instead of "library."

Anyway, it was some good times.

3 comments:

fanficaholic said...

As I read you blog about sunshine, it's snowing here in Montana. :) :( ... That's good that your allergies aren't acting up this year yet!

The official calendar date for spring is March 20th, btw.

Julia said...

I'm silly.

Right when you said that date, I glanced at my calendar and there it was.

I have no idea how I missed that before.

Unknown said...

Yay for no bad allergies! Here's hoping your eyes eventually get better. And YAY for sunshine! (that's right Krys, it's SUNNY here already. ;p

The library adventure sounds like fun. I loved libraries as a kid. and STILL love them. I found an AMAZING one the other day close by St. Mary's. I need to hang out there more.