February 22, 2008

Why now?/Improving my mood

Can I say again how much this eye this is bothering me??

It's driving me utterly insane.

So today I wore glasses as I have been pretty much all of the time lately.

Except for today was the capstone class and we kept having to look at things that were up on the overhead projector.

I'm not used to glasses anymore, so I really had to squint to try to make out the words and I wound up getting a horrible headache.

I wore contacts for ONE year because any of this happened. I started wearing them in October of 2006 and the redness began October of 2007. I had a year to get used to wearing contacts instead of glasses. A YEAR to stop being used to having my eyes strain to see things.

And now I'm finally understanding why I used to get so many headaches because they're back again.

I got out of the shower a little while ago, looked in the mirror and almost cried- my eyes are red again. I haven't even worn contacts since the JET interview.

Anyway, since last time I mentioned it here, I've got three new kinds of eye drops. One was actually a recent doctor prescription (from the day I got my blood drawn) and my mom brought home two more for me today.

I am SO. TIRED. OF. THIS!

Which brings me to the second part of my blog title.

Pretty much my mood overall hasn't been so great since the JET interview. I called it the interview hangover before, and there is still some truth to that- I was bringing myself up despite stuff going on because I wanted to be my best for the interview. So it makes sense just how much I crashed seemingly the very second I stepped out of the room.

My worst low, mood wise, not energy wise, was Wednesday before drew those pictures on the computer. It's true, they did help. I've been a lot more outwardly cheerful since then.

But I know I'm still in a slump.

Well, I've haven't been plucking my eyebrows and I've been deciding that I'm having a bad hair day every morning since Monday and then putting my hair up in a ponytail and ignoring it all day.

I know me. And I know what these signs mean.

No, not that I'm usually obsessed with how I look.

It means there's something going on in my head that I don't quite understand.

So, I'm trying to reverse these symptoms.

I bought something to eat for lunch at my favorite bakery today. I hadn't been there since before I transferred to CSUMB.

Tomorrow is some much needed eye brow plucking and a hair cut.

I simply have too much hair.

(I'm not implying anything dramatic here- just so you know.)

Hopefully I'll catch up a little more with schoolwork this weekend too.

Big change on Monday! I don't want to go too into it because then I'll have to explain myself if I land flat on my face, but yeah.

And I have an eye doctors appointment on Friday. I might just be overly optimistic and going to be totally let down- but I reeaaaallly hope that this time the great solution to my eye problem can be found.

That would make my look on life about 110 times better.

And it would be easier to see too.

:)

2 comments:

Phillip Wessels said...

Good luck!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry your eyes are still horrible, darling. :( There's still hope for the GRAND solution!

That's a bummer you're still in a slump, but it's a good thing that you recognize it. If you at least realize you're in a slump, there's hopes of getting out of it.