April 18, 2008

It's been 6 days

So I'll post again.

I couldn't eat solid foods yesterday and this morning because I had a medical procedure this morning. On top that, I started "that time of the month" this morning as well.

Needless to say, although I'm feeling better now that I'm eating real again now, my general stomach area feels pretty icky. I wore jeans for a short time today, but it hurt so I had to switch back to sweatpants. I spent pretty much all day yesterday and today wearing sweatpants. It's comfy, but this way I always feel like I'm in pajamas.

I missed two classes yesterday (including cinema 6-10) and capstone today. Although I substituted those classes for a good deal of pain, it was nice to just hang around my house a little more.

I mailed off everything I can mail off at this point to JET. All I need to get to them now is proof of graduation (which, of course, I can't provide yet) and my FBI report once I get that.

The capstone is looking good. My professor told me my English powerpoint looks good and that I should work on my Japanese version. I didn't tell her that I already finished my Japanese version. (Of course, she's probably going to change it A LOT nonetheless.)

With those things in mind (the two last paragraphs) and a Japanese drama I started watching last night on the internet, I was able to pretty much keep my spirits up when I couldn't eat anything. Plus I was able to FINALLY somewhat able get into my book (which I've already had for about a few weeks now). I was also able to catch two episodes of Scrubs and most of Jon Stewart's and Stephen Colbert's shows. Of course, I was a little sad when there was a commercial about food.

I was soooo happy when I was able to eat today (despite really bad cramping). My mom and I went down to Norma's to grab something to eat a couple hours after my procedure and I slept the rest of the medication off. I usually don't care at all for Norma's because the food isn't all that good and it's way more expensive than it should be, but we end up eating there when we're just looking for something nearby. Anyway, TODAY I was really happy to be there. (haha)

The funny thing about medical procedures that require you to be medicated to sleep is how fuzzy your memories of right after are. It wasn't for several hours that I realized I didn't remember where and when exactly I woke up. Also, it wasn't until I was putting away my Odwalla smoothie drink into the refrigerator that I forgot on my desk all day that I very vaguely remembered, right after we left the place my procedure was, sitting in the parking lot of 7/11 while my mom got me that and a hot dog to eat. Even after we got home and I woke up again, I ate the rest of the hot dog expecting to see it when I woke up but not realizing that I didn't remember how or when I acquired it.

Anyway, I guess being amused my that sort of thing keeps me away from turning into a druggie.

Pfft.

I watched Juno tonight- good movie. I thought I'd like it more than I did, but yeah, it was good.

I think I might still have a little medication on board. Why? Because this blog is way longer than I intended and I originally typed "druggle" instead of "druggie."

Hm. I'm a little hungry.

/blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea, fuzziness from medication is funny sometimes. I remember very vaguely what happened after my wisdom teeth were pulled out. And the meds take about a week to get fully out of your system. Fun times.