April 05, 2008

India Clay Oven

My heart broke today.

India Clay Oven- my favorite restaurant in all of Monterey Bay to eat is now CLOSED.

*sad*

Mom, David, and I were going there to eat dinner to celebrate my acceptance into JET. We walked around the corner and I froze in my tracks. The painted window was empty except for a sign that said "For lease."

I checked out by the elevator and then went up the stairs to find it they had a new location posted anywhere- they didn't.

So we ended up going to a new Indian restaurant in Monterey- basically, the service was horrible and the food tasted NOTHING like what I had grown to love at Indian Clay Oven. Starbucks sells better tasting Chai than this place- sad, right?

So yeah, I'm really sad about it.

Throughout the whole dinner, I was looking across the table to my mom and asking "why????????"

I got home and googled for the answer-
Here's an article.

Ideally, they would reopen their restaurant somewhere else, but with high prices around here, I have doubts.

Sadness.

I'm telling you, the world doesn't like it when I have food that I especially like.

No comments: