March 25, 2008

Younger sibling syndrome and Winchester???

To many people, when I say this they think it refers to my voice getting loud and somewhat whiny when I'm picked on.

Well, maybe not "many people." At least YuFei because he's tested that one enough times.

This is true.

There's quite a lot more to this, though.

Like for one thing I can really relate to how it is to be the smaller one. Yesterday (Easter), mom, David, and I went to an easter party of David family. The kids were very energetic, of course, and I ended up playing with them quite a bit. One family has two adorable little blond girls, Olivia (6) and Katie (4). At one point I was playing "keep away" with Olivia. Obviously, I'm a lot taller than she is, so it was quite easy for me to keep the ball from her without much effort. But, after a while I'd "accidentally" drop the ball and let her get it.

It kind of made me remember all of the times my brother would play that game with me- only he usually wouldn't "accidentally" let me have the ball. The game would usually drag on until I was too tired or bored to continue trying.

I guess it's because I understand it is to be smaller than someone so much in that kind of situation that I know that the game is much more fun if I lose sometimes.

When I was younger and I would visit friends houses and they had younger siblings, they would usually get annoyed me because I would sympathize with their younger siblings and side with them if a conflict rose.

Yeeeeah... they didn't like that much.

Come to think of it- most of my friends that I've made in more recent times are the only child of their families.

I said most, Krystina. Don't panic, alright?

We're okay? Okay.

:)

Anyway, I don't think that's the reason why because I've come to realize that I spent a good amount of my life to that point using the "young sibling" card to get people to side with me.

It's true, it's part of the deal, you know?

Like when you're a toddler and your older sibling picks on you. You can end it by yelling because the parents usually want the noise to stop and they'll go for the indirect source rather than the direct one.

It's not bad- just the common dynamic.

Thinking about that, though, reminds me somewhat of how when I'm hanging out with Danny and Bethany, I would bait Danny into saying something mean to Bethany (although bait really isn't so necessary) and watch amused as he would get all the blame for it. (Well, it's sort of a running gag for us, actually.)

Where was I going with this? I had a direction but then it was lost within a lot of... subtopics. Geeze.

See, everyone? This is why you don't want to take a trip into my mind. If I'm the tour guide we'd be lost within minutes. I'm not saying there's a lot of content or capacity in there (although I suppose there's a reasonable amount), but there is a lot of confusing maze like hallways and trap doors. I guess my mind is like the Winchester Mystery House.

You know, that house that the crazy lady kept building new parts to because some spirits told her to?

(The story is SOMETHING like that.)

There's a lot of crazy things in that house. For example, in the second story, there's a doorway that leads to a two story fall into the garden. In short, Winchester is a good place to watch your step. And to remember your steps to (I mean so that you don't get lost.)

Hm, once I give into the random-ness of my mind, well, this is what you get.

I JUST remembered what I was going to talk when I first thought I'd write a blog this evening (no, and it wasn't about being a younger sibling- I changed it when I couldn't remember the first idea.)

Sigh.

Well, I'll summarize what I was going to say into one word:

Dilophosaurus.

:)

Well, that's all, Julia needs sleep. (Can you tell?)

No comments: