March 28, 2008

Ick

So I felt pretty icky health-wise today. I woke up feeling just fine except for a sore throat (but that bothered me yesterday, too.) I went exercising with my mom and then had a relatively bigger breakfast.

Only to end up throwing it up again.

Yeah, I know, people don't really appreciate hearing these things.

I remember a long time ago writing a blog on Livejournal about having been stuck in an awkward conversation in which I felt like I had to tell someone about having lost what I had eaten. I remember asking my current commenters if they can think of... how did I word it??? Oh! I asked if they could think of "a socially acceptable way to say you threw up." It's not a quote- it just sounds familiar. I got some humorous answers, but yeah, I'm pretty sure there aren't any.

Back on the topic---

At first I thought that I was just nervous about my presentation I had to do today, but it felt so different than my stress stomach aches. Stress stomach aches are uncomfortable, but I don't feel like I'm actually going to throw up. Much of today, I didn't exactly have pain, but I just sort of felt like I was going to throw up anyway.

Again, I don't know why anyone who happens to read this needs to know that.

Also, My throat felt worse and my face felt unbearably hot.

Anyway, I did my presentation anyway and I didn't it went pretty okay despite the fact I felt pretty much at my worst of the day at the time. It was right after I lost my breakfast and I hadn't gathered the nerve to try to eat anything else yet.

I don't really get sick very often, so I wonder if it's stress. April is in just a matter of days, after all. In just a matter of days (thereabouts) I'm going to finally hear the JET outcome.

It's kind of crazy to think the idea that something I wanted to achieve for so long could've been ruined by some silly mistake I made in just a few minutes during the interview.

I've wanted so long to become the kind of person they would want to hire. I can't help it- it just kills (dramatic wording) me to think that I could possibly be less than I need to be for something I want to achieve.

It's scary to think about.

I'm being negative and thinking of things that might not even apply to the situation.

However---

People have still been showing so much confidence in me. The last thing I want in the world is to prove to them that they're wrong. I know, dramatic wording again- but I'm pretty sure it's true this time.

I don't feel like I'm writing very well at the moment. I think I'm sleepy. Not to mention that my mind gets a little fuzzy when I'm not feeling well. Hard to focus.

G'niiight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you got sick. There is the horrible worst flu EVER going around St. Mary's. So hopefully you didn't catch that.

And good luck with JET. Stop worrying and hope for the best. {{crossing fingers}}