December 10, 2008

Randomest blog ever

SO, first of all, about the song lyric- "I miss you, like the deserts miss the rain." Does anyone else think this lyric is stupid? The desert hardly needs the rain. It doesn't miss it. Sure, it would suck for the rain never to come, but the whole ecosystem is based on the fact it hardly ever rains there. The desert does not pine for the rain. Maybe the cactii do, but I wouldn't know.

For some reason, I've always thought the lyric "I did it for the drugs" was kind of funny. For a while I thought that it was because it's kind of funny for me to be saying it because the only thing I've ever done "for the drugs" was to get prescriptions from doctors for some health related issue. The other day, I suddenly remembered why I started to think it was amusing. You know those "Kid's Choice Awards" shows that Nickelodeon has every year? A few years ago I found myself watching and they had that band playing that song. BUT- instead of "I did for the drugs", they sang, "I did it for the daaaa-duuumm". The "daaaa-dum", by the way, was a guitar sound from what I remember. Anyway, while I could understand why they were taking out the word "drugs", I thought it was funny.

What did they do? What did they do it for? Aaaahhh!

Looking back, though, I think it's strange that The Kid's Choice Awards had that performance in the first place.

Okay, so I actually decided to check who the band was and what the song title is.

Funny that I didn't bother looking up the first song I mentioned here. Be my guest.

Recently, at one of my elementary schools, I raked leaves for the first time in my life. The leaves were a really neat bright yellow color and there were SO MANY of them. My mood the entire time was, pretty much, "yay!" I buried some kids in the leaves a few times. :) I was worried that the teacher that was raking with them would be annoyed with the kids (and I) playing, but he was really cool and joined in, too. I always thought raking leaves seemed pretty fun on the chore scale, but I am sure people who have had to rake a lot in their lives possibly hate it. Anyway, I suppose it just goes to show that one's favorite chores are always the ones that they never had to do.

Ending this random blog on a very random note, here's something you probably had never thought of before.

I did this blog in two sittings, saving it as a draft the first time. I was going to work on it more, but then I started writing a real blog in my head. Go figure. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I HATE raking leaves. Your leaves sound cool and fun to play in. Which would be great if the leaves like that were fun in my front yard back home. But oh no...those leaves were usually wet with frost or in the gutter so they were all muddy and gross. There was never enough leaves to make a pile to jump in. So mostly I would spend my time raking leaves sing "Cinderelly, Cinderelly". (I break out with my Cinderella showtunes when I'm sweeping...yup, weird).