December 18, 2008

Chronicles of Boredom

11:30 am

Today is a bit of a throwback to the days of bored-out-of-my-mind insanity back in August. I have NO classes today. It's the last day before I get 2 weeks off from vacation, so of course I am completely and utterly restless.

Actually, I am feeling pretty good at the moment. Probably because I have going to buy lunch to look forward to in a half an hour. Lunch is amazing. :)

Danny had the great idea of writing a blog and updating it every hour.

"We can all watch your gradual decline into boredom-induced insanity."


Couldn't have said it better myself.

Although I wonder if Danny will ever read the blog he suggested. (haha)

I've been saving things to do today at the office pretty much all week. So, let's see how I hold out.

Wow, I am really hungry.

12:30 pm

I just finished eating lunch. It was very very awesomely delicious. I wish I had more control of what I eat for lunch more often.

With lunch aside, that's one less thing I can do to prevent boredom.

So, since it's still lunchtime, they have the TV on here in the office. There is an enka program on. I am playing an exciting game of "male or female?" in my head with the person currently singing as the subject. I think the verdict is going to be male.

There were onions in the salad that came with my lunch. I tried to eat that first so that I could get rid of the taste with the other food, but I am finding now that it didn't work.

It sounds strange, but I think onions have been sticking to my taste buds more these days.

1:30 pm
1:50 pm

I missed updating 20 minutes ago. I have been keeping myself preoccupied with trying to find a way to get the date back on my entries in this template. So, basically, this fight with blogger templates is driving me insane, just a different brand of insane than what I was expecting sitting in this office all day.

Why would anyone make a blogger template without dates on the entries? That's just ridiculous!

So yeah, I realized that 1:30 had passed when my computer froze and I lost everything I had been working on. Anyway, going to get right back to it.

2:30 pm

Aaah, I am so glad I know close to nothing about how to REALLY change blogger templates, or else I would be lacking some fun time wasting in my life. :) Seriously, though, I should try to do something like this every workday where they have nothing for me to do.

Buuut-- I did get the date! Now I am working on moving it. I tried the "align=" tag thing, but blogger didn't care for it much. *shrug*

Two more hours to go......

The onion taste is gone. My shoulders and neck feel like... umm... well, they feel like I've spent the whole day at this computer. Oooh, that's right. I have been spending the whole day at the computer. :D

Arrgggg...

Sorry, I seriously thought I was going to be more insane by now.


3:30 pm

I fixed the date, but I lost the time on the blog. I don't really consider that to be a big loss, so I won't bother with it today.
My shoulders and neck hurts from sitting here at this computer all day. But- there's only an hour left. Unless I end up having to stay because the year end office party is later.
I am not going insane, but I am definitely tired. I really want to get out of here.
Not sure I feel up to going to the party, actually, but I think that being with the people in this office in a more relaxed environment would be good for me because I haven't exactly felt good about all of them all of the time.
So yeah, I'm going.
I have tomorrow to do my packing for Tokyo and then the next day I am there.

There should (hopefully) be one more hourly update.
This is probably the worst blog ever.

4:30 am

The work day is finally over. I have to ask soon whether I have to stick around to go to the year end party with the office people. I still have mixed feeling about that, because I am really drained and I have a lot of things I have to do tomorrow to be ready for Tokyo on Sunday.

So, this is the last update of today's hourly updated blog.

If the blog sucked, blame Danny. ;D

Sorry I didn't go crazy enough.

I'll try harder next time.

Ugh, tired.

It's weird to do a blog over this much time. I can't even really remember what I wrote at the beginning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea, it's all Danny's fault. Blame Danny. It's what I do with everything. I enjoyed the blog and I'm glad you got the date on there. I thought that was the one weird/crappy thing about the template because I think dates make more sense too. Weird template. YAY for Tokyo! Have fun!!