December 08, 2008

A dolt

Here's another blog in which I have something to say, but I don't really know how to say it.

I realized recently that I just can't picture myself going somewhere and goofing off the way I did maybe even just a year ago.

You know how when you're a certain age, anywhere can really be a fun place to go and hang around? Like when things around you make great props, good material for jokes, and there is a lot of space? I can't really see myself going to a store and goofing around there with friends as I have done before.

It's different being a person with a job rather than a college student. It's a very different feeling- at least for me. Many other ALTs still do seem like college students, so I guess don't know exactly how that works.

Maybe it's because now I am in a town where I am constantly being recognized as the English ALT and I feel like I have to seem... credible (sane?) to people seeing me places.

The realization that the days of doing things like that might be over shocked me a little.

But at the same time I think that it could just be that I haven't been around the right people to be doing things like that.

I still do goofy things and I don't really believe that's going to end anytime soon.

I guess usually as I move forward I am thinking about beginnings and middles and I fail to remember that sometimes things end, too.

This is probably the most pointless blog ever.
Hah! As if things like that ever stopped me!

Oh yeah, I finished the new Ender book, Ender in Exile, the other day. It was really good. I felt really good about how it wrapped up loose ends that both Ender's Game and the whole Shadow series left hanging.
I started rereading Ender's Game again last night.

1 comment:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Believe you me those days are not over.