October 31, 2008

Throwing together an impromptu authentic Halloween experience in Japan

Something simply amazing happened and it made me REALLY happy and more energetic.
So, I got home from work just now and I was about to go into my apartment when I noticed off the balcony a bunch of kids in costumes TRICK OR TREATING with their mothers. I didn't expect to see that in this country at all! I was sooo excited about this, that I literally yelled down to them to come up to my apartment and that I would get some candy together for them.
So while they were making their way up to the 3rd floor where I live, I grabbed the bags of taffy and candy corn that my mom sent me for my birthday and began putting some in plastic ziplock bags.
Then I gave the kids candy (after getting them to try to say "trick or treat" in English) and then gushed in a crazy happy version of my broken Japanese to the mothers about how happy I was to see them.
It was simply the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.

2 comments:

fanficaholic said...

AHHH, so cool! That's so cute!

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Happy Birthday Yesterday! Two days ago for you.

I was so busy yesterday I didn't get a chance to send you a message. Sorry about that.