July 31, 2008

Eep

This is probably my last post here before I'm off to Japan. Tomorrow, I'm going to San Francisco for my pre-departure orientation and the next day I'm off.

By the way- as I've been talking about to various people, I started a Japan life blog. Which I will:

1) Update weekly on whatever day I figure out is best.
2) I plan to, lack of fatigue provided, actually provide STRUCTURE to my posts and actually completely more or less plan them before posting.

I still plan this blog to be the home of... well... whatever you'd call what's here already. I don't think anyone who isn't interested in reading this blog written from the US should have any more interest in reading the blogs written from Japan.

On the other hand, because this blog is updated randomly and my blogs sometimes (...often) have very substance, the Japan life blog might work well with it.

Anyway, we'll see how this all works out.

Oh! Something kind of funny happened today. My mom and I were talking about these pills that we got for my eyes and I was talking about how the main ingredients were fish and soy. After talking about the abundance of soy in Japanese food, I suddenly said:

"I'm going to be eating fishy"

.......

I meant to say-

"I'm also going to be eating a lot more fish once I get to Japan."

But somehow I reverted to being 5.

Anyway, I broke into uncontrollable laughter after that.

I might be checking back in here from Tokyo, but if not, I guess I'll update again sometime after August 6th.

3 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Japan is going be tight. Love you Jul.

Arev said...

I'll miss you Julia! Have an awesome time!!! I'm praying for you!

Unknown said...

Good luck on new adventures!!!