August 04, 2008

Air Plane Blog Vol. 2 and more

Greetings from Tokyo! I'm in the hotel now and I have a little bit of time. It's late and I'm exhausted from a full day of orientation, then hanging out with Tokyo friends, but I thought I'd drop a line. Orientation, despite being busy and a little boring sometimes, has been a great experience.

I'm heading down to my placement city on Wednesday.

Anyway, as Bethany requested, here's another blog I wrote on the plane. (I did one a little over two years ago on my MySpace blog)

I'm just pasting it and I don't really remember what it says. But I'm tired so I'll come back and read it some other time after you guys are already done. :)

------------------------------------

So, as requested, I’m typing another mid-air blog that I will actually post later.

Bethany pretty much sold the idea of writing another plane blog when she said-

“You should do another blog on the plane. I love those!”

I was amused that her request made it sound like I’ve posted more than one already.

So, realizing that it’s been a little over a year now since my last blog in mid-air, I got on a plane today. I thought Japan would be a nice long flight that would allow me to piece together my thoughts into the greatest blog ever written in an airplane.

Seriously, though, I hope that this blog will live up to the “legacy” of last years.

Unlike last time I wrote a blog from a plane, I’m in the back row of my section, meaning I can lean back. So I can type without the burdern of what I remember calling “T-Rex arms.”

We haven’t even reached the International dateline yet! It seems like we’ve been flying forever now due to the fact that JET had us fly to Los Angeles first, THEN get on the actual flight to Japan. Oh well. American Airlines has impressed me more this time than others because of the selection of movies, television shows, and games they have to choose from.

So far, I’ve watched The Chronicles of Narnia- Prince Caspian and a few episodes of The Office. There are actually three episodes available to me on here, but one of them I already watched with my brother. The episodes I hadn’t seen before (because this will interest Jesse), were the one where the branch was going to close and the one where Michael teams up the staff to go out and make sales.

Narnia, by the way, was great- I hope I don’t forget it as I often do with inflight movies.

Right now, I am 10972 meters off the ground, going 535 mph, and I still have 5 hours and 40 minutes before I arrive in Japan.

This somehow doesn’t feel random enough. I’m certainly tired enough to write something like last time.

Aaaaahhhhh…

My legs hurt.

During the rest of the flight, I think I might end up watching Iron Man, Shrek the Third, and Sand Chronicles (Japanese movie).

Compared to my flight last year where all of the inflight movies involved CAR ACCIDENTS, this is very pleasant.

Sleeepy. I still can’t sleep on the plane. Sad.

For some reason, I thought that “sad.” was going to turn into a hyperlink. To where is a mystery.

This probably isn’t as fun as the other plane blog. Again, I didn’t think that first one was that fun when I was actually writing it.

Probably everybody should write a plane blog at least once in their life.

Everyday.

Yes.

Wooo! We’re approching the international dateline.

Earlier, another person on the plane couldn’t find his passport and there was an announcement over the intercom about it, I thought everyone was going to applaud when they found it. They didn’t.

Sad.

A lot of people are up and walking around now. We’re not landed yet, everybody! It’s still 4607 km to go!

It would be great if they are all getting up to celebrate crossing the international dateline. I always want people to do that when I’m flying to Japan and back because it’s like the half way point. Instead I just celebrate by myself by changing my clock to Japan time.

It’s 6:24 pm US time, I’ve been on this plane for about 6 hours now.

Okay, I suppose this went on long enough. Hope Plane Blog Vol. 2 is as enjoyable (?) as Vol. 1!

4 comments:

Arev said...

Julia! I'm so excited for you! I will definitely keep up with your blog. Please post pictures!!! Have fun :)

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

So much to say, I think I'll use list form:
-When you gave your distance from Japan in meters I could almost see you becoming more Japanesse during the flight.
-I remember people milling around on my flight to Japan, it annoyed me too for some reason.
-I also can't sleep on planes (Caron curse?)
-You were dead on that I would want to know which episodes
-I still haven't seen Prince Caspian
-As far as entertainment your flight sounds more fun then my apartment.

Glad you got in safe. Hope everything is going awesome.

Snapkins said...

i -loved- this blog. maybe it's because I find flying so fascinating. but i thought it worked perfectly.

anyway, hope you're having a great time!!

Unknown said...

YAY FOR AIRPLANE BLOGS! And YAY for Bethany being mentioned. LOVE.
I enjoyed your in flight thoughts. And the random SAD hyperlinks. Although I think nothing can beat the first one since it was the original. However, I enjoyed the sequel. XD