June 08, 2008

Various things

So I'm home alone this weekend. It's late and I'd better get to bed before I start to creep myself out (although I have a little bit for a couple of hours now).

Earlier today, there was a truck making noise parked across from my house and I thought it was weird. Then a little later I heard an exploding sound- probably a gunshot. After that, the truck was gone. I'm not really worried because I've heard gunshots around here before and then no follow up or anything, so I assume it's just stupid people doing stupid things like trying to shoot animals (although that's sad) or cans. This time was just a little different because 1) I'm alone; 2) The gunshot seemed really close because it echoed a LOT- I thought it was thunder for a moment.

Creepy.

But it's been silent since then other than the usual sound of cars on the highway and the usual creaky-ness of this old house that I don't seem to notice quite as much when others are around.

That's one thing that I am thinking about for when I move to Japan- I LOVE living alone during the day, but night is maybe not so good. On the other hand, I can imagine myself being comfortable in an apartment complex or something where there's someone I at least kind of know just a wall away. I kind of hope I can get that. In any case, I feel overall more secure in Japan... because I haven't heard gunshots there.

Oh geeze, I'm imagining some people getting really freaked out about my current situation right now. I'm fine, guys. Prunetucky culture is out there and I'm in here. (haha)

In other news-

My webdrama, the one that takes place in LA, had a special yesterday (Friday). It was really cool. There was an event and 4 of the 6 characters were filming what was going on, so when chaos broke out and everyone scattered, the viewers had to wait until each character got back in touch and posted their footage to understand the bits and pieces of what happened exactly. In short, pretty awesome storytelling.

But, unfortunately, that came with a character death. Before, this this series they kind of isolated the main, likable character from the group before killing her off, but this time, everyone seemed very close and the one who ended up dying was so exuberant and likable up to the last video she was in. It was so sad.

What's also kind of depressing is the fact that apparently NONE of the channels I am subscibed to on YouTube are uploading new videos- for the FIRST time since I started subscibing to a number of channels, the "subscription update" box is not there. It's kind of sad to see, really. Maybe it's an error of YouTube's?

I miss that box. :(
And I miss that character that died. :(

Oh well, I'd better get to bed.

2 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

I was with you until the webdrama stuff. So confused now :/

Acorn Caron said...

lol, same thing happens at night with me too if Jesse's not there and I'm alone...I hear knocking noises that don't really happen and then the cats scratch and claw at random things around the apartment, then the wind throws the blinds around when it's strong...the list goes on. I hope you slept well regardless!