June 27, 2008

Key free

So on Wednesday, I sold my car.

And after adding up what was in my bank account after depositing this money with the money in my paypal account from selling things on eBay, then converting it to yet, I figured out that I am only about $12 short of what JET suggests I should bring to Japan.

So as long as no crazy expenses come up, I'm set money-wise. :)

It IS really strange to be without car keys.

There's more to this--

Because the old house is now gone and the new house has yet to be put in, I do not have house keys.

Technically, I -do- still have my old house key, but it has no purpose now.

Which leaves three of those mini cards on my keychain--

Autozone- I don't have a car anymore
Curves- Membership just expired
Borders- I still have the full sized card in my wallet, which is what I've been using anyway because I have a giftcard as well.

So basically there is NO reason for me to be carrying around a keys, keychains, or anything of the like.

Nonetheless, I still have the keyring with the old housekey, the three mini cards, and my keychains in my purse.

Denial? Or is it that going around without keys is just too foreign of a concept for me.

I know there are some shades of denial in all of this. I'm going through so many changes these days that sometimes I've been feeling like screaming/crying. For the most part, though, I've been able to keep cheerful, distract myself, and keep myself preoccupied with excitement about living in Japan.

2 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Looks like you're visiting! I'll let you hold my keys if you want. There are lots of keys (home and work and ironically the old house keys) so you will never ever forget that you are holding keys.
Seriously though it should be fun, you can either stay are the Chakhlasyan house or Arp and my apartment. If you choose our apartment we have alot of sleeping bag like stuff you can use if you want.
Up to you.

Unknown said...

It is weird living without keys. I felt like crying when I had to put my star caribiner to rest during my semester in Oxford. But I at least had keys during my semester.
Changes totally suck. You'll get through. {{HUGZ}}