June 11, 2008

Madness

So yesterday I got an email from CSUMB the admin and records office.

Saying, basically, that I didn't complete the graduation requirments.

The problems were that I didn't take the required course Japanese 302 (which, funny enough, was never offered. I took Japanese 380 in it's place) and that they didn't have any proof that I attended the Chuo Summer Program last summer.

I, of course, was really devastated to hear that news, but I immediately replied to the email and got in touch with my Japanese professors.

I called Ann last night to tell her about the issue and give her a warning that she might have the same problem, it slipped my mind that because she's in Pennsylvania now, she was a few hours ahead so I ended up calling pretty late on her end.

But she got back at me (unintentionally) this morning calling me and waking me up early to tell me that she checked her email and didn't have problem.

After the phonecall, I was anxious about this whole thing (I need to get proof of graduation to the JET office by July 3rd or no moving to Japan in August...), so I got up and checked my email. I wrote a few more, realized I was REALLY tired, and went back to bed.

I woke up again and got back to emailing back and forth. One of my Japanese professors, Sekine-sensei, emailed and confirmed that I took Japanese 380 instead of 302 and the change was made.

I also emailed a digital copy of my proof of attendance. So now all that's left is for the head of Japanese for WLC, Saito-sensei, to email confirming that I really did go to Chuo.

Then after that my proof of graduation should take no time at all.

*PHEW*

Why are things always a hassle at CSUMB? I almost didn't get in because when counting my transfer units, they forgot to count a class I did at that school already when I was still technically a MPC student. I went to campus personally and fixed that mistake. I was prepared to do that again this time (go to campus personally), but luckily, this time I didn't have to.

It looks like it's going to work out okay.

Thanks, Krystina, for listening to my hysterics last night. :)

In other news-

(also relating to "madness")

I've been packing up things for moving and I found my old Mad Libs books.

......I don't need to explain what mad libs are, do I? If so, this might be a good time for you to utilize wikipedia and then contemplate your empty childhood.

I meant that in the nicest way possible. (haha)

Anyway, I thought I'd share at least one old mad lib here. The blanks are filled with my handwriting and I can tell Jesse was involved because... well... you'll see:

(just a warning, apparently we had a little trouble with "verbs" vs. "adjectives" back then....)

What not to eat for lunch

Everyone knows that kids who eat junk food turn out hastily. Make sure your lunch dead person's head is filled with nutritious green food. Do not go to the blue food stand across the street from your school. The hamburgers they serve are fried in Julia and are made of Jessesaurus meat. The hot dogs contain chemicals such as hydrogenated Jessethol and sodium Mama. And they are made from ground up fish. If you spend time pushing around these places you will get fat and humongous and people will call you a Julia's face. So take a sandwich made of chicken or bologna and lettuce of spaghetti and all my brain cells. And drink healthy Murphy milk instead of chemical cola drinks. If you eat good food, you might grow up to become president of Turkey.

-------------
Best parts:
A container : dead person's head
Something icky : Julia
An animal: Jessesaurus
A chemical: Jessethol
A silly word: Mama
Silly word: Julia's face
An animal: Murphy

----------

Yaaay! Fun stuff.
I think maybe when I'm doing JET, I'll bring mad libs to the English classes I'm co-teaching and make a class activity from them. :D

3 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

The best thing about the mad lib is that I sort of feel like I wasn't even that young when we did it.
Man I was one sick kid. I blame my upbringing.
I'm glad the CSUMB stuff seems to be working out. I figured out that higher education is almost always difficult. I talk to people from big schools, small schools, public schools, private schools and they've all had trouble in one way or another with Admin.
Anthony was telling me at your grad party that UC Santa Cruz sent him a letter mid semester that he wasn't enrolled in any classes even though he was.

fanficaholic said...

I'm always willing to listen and assist as best possible with your "hysterics" whenever and wherever! And I'm very very happy that it seems to have worked itself out. YAY!!

And I think using MadLibs to assist with teaching could be very interesting of a lesson or more. XD

Unknown said...

Admin is HORRIBLE at all schools. I'm glad your grad situation seems to have worked out though.

And mad libs as a lesson would be AWESOME. DO IT.