October 21, 2009

Mid-class thought

So today I was teaching in my least favorite of my 5th grade classes. I don't quite know why but this particular school seem to have a lot more bratty children than other schools that I go to.

In this class, there's one boy in particular who manages to get on my nerves a lot. Sitting near him, his female classmate seems to find his antics funnier than anything on Earth and is eager to jump in on it.

I was a 5th grade girl once and I'd have to be more dense than Osmium to not know that she has a crush on that boy.

So easily I could end this nonsense by asking her in the middle of the class out loud if she likes him.

So easily I could use preteen awkwardness and peer pressure to make the 5th grade classes a little more bearable.

But I didn't and I won't.

Why?

Because I was once a 5th grade girl and it would be downright evil.

1 comment:

mysteria456 said...

True fact. I applaud you for taking the higher road. Although it would make your job easier, it isn't worth crushing the girl.

{{applause}}