May 21, 2009

New title

I was kind of hesitant to put a Japanese title on this blog. Especially since I don't think anyone who reads this knows Japanese.

But this has a story.

It was last Tuesday and I was in Hotto Motto, a bento place, buying dinner because I had a Japanese lesson later on and I don't have a lot of time to get dinner together on those days.

So I ordered and then, as always, looked at all of the ads while I was waiting for my food.

I'd seen this ad before many, many times, but I hadn't noticed before.

It advertised a new bento meal as "390円のしあわせ," which basically means "390 yen happiness." I decided it was funny on many levels, especially in that it sounds like a title of a Japanese book or a drama. I was thinking I wanted to use it as a title for something and decided to stick it here in the meantime.

So that's the story. No more confusion! Yay!

No comments: