May 07, 2009

The 3~4 days I liked House M.D.

I am not really sure how/why that happened.

I don't remember the exact day, but it was near the beginning of the five day weekend I had from May 2nd to the 6th. Knowing that there will be no new episodes of The Office for a while in my not-too-far future, I decided to take a look at other shows that are currently popular.

And I guess that's how it happened. I found myself watching House M.D.

I was really enjoying the episodes I was watching, but the show really disturbed me at the same time.

The patients in this show have like the most disturbing, unreal illnesses known to mankind.

So I kept watching episodes online of this show, but I kept wanting to stop because it was making me think of the gross things that happened to the patients.

Then, on Tuesday, I watched the new episode.

I was relieved to find that I was completely unamused by the show.

"YES!" I thought, "the spell is broken!"

I am not going to allow myself to watch medical shows anymore. Except maybe episodes of Scrubs (I heard that show ended, btw).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like House. The illnesses are odd and crazy. But really I watch it for Hugh Laurie. Who knew that a man with a cane could be so sexy?

Julia said...

Sorry, I reached my limit after seeing someone's eye pop out of it's socket. That episode got even worse, too.