September 08, 2008

:D

I really like my new template for my Japan life blog. The first one was nice but I tend to look more simplistic looking templates. In addition, there`s the fact that it broke. The day that I finally put up the new template and posted the real first blog (Saturday), I was spending pretty much the whole day in a computer lab type place where a nice man and his son work. I can hang out there as much as I want as long as I politely drink their iced coffee (which I don`t particularly care for) and hold my tongue when they start to try to treat me like a computer dunce (those who know me well probably know just how much restraint that takes for me.) But it`s a good arrangement because they`re nice and it doesn`t cost anything.
Anyway, I was there from around 1 or 2 pm until a little before 8 (although I did leave for a while to grab something for dinner). It was tiring, but nice to take care of things on my own computer. My antivirus program was threatening to expire because I wasn`t updating it or running any checks (I -couldn`t because my laptop has been wtihout internet.) So, I managed to save my antivirus and take care of a few "housekeeping" things on my computer that had been neglected.

I started my second week of teaching today by going to an Elementary school that I hadn`t been to yet. Tomorrow and the next day, I`ll be back at the Middle school I was at last week and then on Friday I return one of my first elementary schools. This one is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, so I hope I can find it easily this time.

According to what the guy at the computer place told me last week, I could possibly be getting my internet in my apartment this week. That, of course, would be awesome. If it happens anyway.

....I wish there was really something different about my two blogs other than the fact that I update one weekly and one randomly. Seriously, that was -not- how I intended it to be. I wanted this blog to be the scattered, random thought one and the other to be more structured. Again, maybe once things get more settled and I can blog on my own terms from my own laptop I`ll be able to do these things how I want to.

I jumped around topics at least 5 (million) times. Oh well. ;)

3 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

I was thinking that if you wanted to make this blog more spontaneous one way would be to link it to your phone so you can send stuff when you're out and on the go.

Unknown said...

Actually, Jesse has a good idea there.

Also, I'm sure it'll be better with internet at your place. Blogging on YOUR timetable. haha.

Julia said...

I`m not worried about -this- blog being more spontaneous at all. I`m worried about the other blog being more structured.
Thanks, though. :)