August 26, 2008

Getting there

I paid the down payment for a car yesterday. Pictures should be coming soon.

I also got my foreigner registration card and signed up for internet.

It seems as if things are finally starting to come together.

I`m definitely nervous about driving because it`s not just the roads that are reversed, but also the steering wheel and everything else. Basically, everything is a mirror image. If you draw a US intersection and then look at it in the mirror, you have a Japanese intersection. As for the actual inside of the car, yesterday when I was driving around the parking log, I kept accidentally turning on the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal because the sides they are on are also opposite. This should take some getting used to.

I am going to try to get my cell phone today, so I`ll have a cell phone email address to share with many of you soon. :)

1 comment:

Acorn Caron said...

woohoo! a phone, a car, and the internet! who could ask for more? maybe a job too but you've already got that covered ;)