August 25, 2008

1739

1 - ichi
7 - nana
3 - san
9 - kyuu

ichinana sankyuu
iinaa sankyuu
iinaa thank you
that`s great, thank you

Japanese is amazing.

The closest thing we have in English to that, I think, is gr8t instead of great- which isn`t even a fraction as amazing as 1739 in Japanese.

I think that when I get my Japanese cell phone, I`m going to have 1739 as part of the email address.

It`s been a while since I last posted at this blog. I was out of town all of last week at orientation and at the cultural center in Kanoya (KAPIC). It`s good to be back. Classes start again next week and I might be buying a car pretty soon. I believe I also have a cell phone in my near future sometime as soon as I get my foreigner registration card. Internet at the apartment could follow about 2 weeks after that. My Japan life is really starting to come together.

...Although I just realized that I forgot to take out the trash today.

*sigh*

...hmmm... what to do with that trash for one week......

I have some spoiled pork I could really appreciate getting rid of.

Plus I already defeated the first round of fruit flies.

I`ll work it out. Some way or another, that bag will be out of my apartment come tomorrow.

...I hope.

I heard at the prefecture orientation something about sneaking your trash into a can at a convenience store. But that would mean I would have to be seen walking around with my trash first.

And no, there`s no can or dumpster outside of my apartment building to put trash during the week. There is really no place to put trash other than on the day that we`re supposed to put out the certain kind. Tuesday is `burnable trash' day. Burnable trash contains food, which can smell after a while. I am NOT happy about missing burnable trash day.

Boy, did this blog completely change directions when I remembered that.

I can`t even remember what more I was going to say.

39 very much for reading. You are all g8.

2 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

that number thing lost me, maybe I'm dumb...hhmmm

Snapkins said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

oh MAN!

AHH!!!

I laughed SO hard at that 1739 thing

that's great, thank you

oh man, what a jolly year that was, and I had no idea...!!!!

snapkins <3's japanese x1,000,000

S<3JX10

kinda like

OMGI<3SDCXD

lol the power of language