January 11, 2010

on line

Today I learned that I was accepted to grad school.

At first I thought I would be quiet about the acceptance- just in case I decide that I would rather stay in JET for another year. Instead I found myself on just about every internet site posting about it and even telling my classes.

I am psyched, I am disappointed, I am full of anxiety, I am overwhelmed and I'm happy.

I'm up and I'm down.

Not to mention feeling dizzy.

I'm... uhhh... trying to write a blog in this state of mind.

I feel like this came way too simply. Things that are too simple never quite sit right with me. I always expect things that are worth it to have more difficulties than that. I try to satisfy this feeling by telling myself that all I have been doing have been steps to this, but I guess after the huge, stressful leap that was JET, a nice gradual, natural step up is going to feel foreign to me.

My mind is just about everywhere now, but I am not going to try to cover everything now. I have the feeling that this will be the subject of many blogs to come.

Oh! I just realized this is my first blog of the decade! Happy New Year!

No comments: