November 12, 2008

Cold? Yes, cold.

Today is the second day in a row that I woke up with a headache.

I really need to figure out why that happened because it is a very unpleasant way to start the day.

That, along with running late (for being early) to work every morning because it takes longer to dress myself because of the colder temperatures. Clothes take forever to hang dry and I haven`t quite worked out having sweaters and such to go with my work clothes.

This weekend, I am planning on visiting the coin laundry. I am looking forward to pulling nice, warm clothes out of a dryer for the first time since I left the US. I am also thinking that I will go work clothes shopping so that I can hold out a little longer on having to go to the coin laundry and have a few more outfits more suited to the colder weather.

It`s amazing how much you have to plan for cold when you live somewhere central heating is not common. I mean, it`s probably not going to be -TOO- much colder than Monterey (although I`ll admit I have very little idea what to expect), but there I simply put on a big jacket and maybe a hat and then warmed up when I got inside. Here, I need to be able to dress warm indoors more frequently than I used to.

I was going to break my rule about not being too political on my blog, but I am too sleepy so I blogged about the cold instead.

I read through some of my entries I posted here yesterday. They`re pretty okay.
I forgot the squirrel blog was during my list writing phase.

No comments: