November 24, 2008

Ick

I feel sicky today. Pretty much my whole body hurts randomly (especially my arms and legs) and my brain is in a fog. :S

Work is almost over for the day and I am trying to figure out what I am going to do for dinner when all I really want is to curl up and go to sleep.

...of course, what I would probably actually do is curl up with my laptop watching TV shows.

I've been watching the Daily Show and the Colbert Report everyday that there are new episodes up, I've been watching The Office weekly, and I've also been watching a lot of Futurama, Rocko's Modern Life, and Invader Zim. :)

My actual television is neglected. I used to watch the news mostly to get weather reports, but now I check the tv station's website for that. I -should- continue watching the news, but I just haven't felt like it lately.

I finished the Haruki Murakami book and I am now a little over 100 pages into the new Ender book. Just like the other books in the series, it really drew me in right away. Reading it kind of makes me want to reread the other books in the series... again. ;)

Back to complaining about icky-ness.

This morning was awful because I woke up cold with my throat and stomach hurting. I had a really rough night's sleep, too. It made me get to work later than usual, but technically I was still early.

But yeah, it's not the end of the world. I bet I'll feel excellent(???) again come tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, I've been wanting to change the template on this blog. But, as always, I am picky. I've found a number of templates that look nice already, but none of them I really think works for my blog.

I'm just kind of tired of the dragonflies.

Hmm... right now, I am just tired in general.

Random question- What does it take to make a water heater explode terribly? I watched a MythBusters video on youtube the other day and they made a water heater explode and it was almost like a rocket. I was showering yesterday and I realized that the water heater (which I think has been making weird noises lately) is right next door to me. And then, of course, I had to start scaring the living daylights out of myself. Logically, I would think that the MythBusters probably did something extreme to make the heater explode like that and it wouldn't happen just because the heater simply broke or something. It would be good to know the worse case scenario would be cold water (although that would be TERRIBLE.) Buuuut, I don't know. So yeah. If the sound persists, I am going to try to get word of it to the owners of my building. It's just a pain because Japanese isn't exactly my first language. X(

2 comments:

fanficaholic said...

mmer about the ick feeling, no fun there. About the waterheater, I think you'll be fine. If the tube that comes out of the top that points to the ground starts dripping then you have a bit of a problem, but you can turn it off and have someone come and look then. The Mythbusters only got it to explode by making the pressure inside it REALLY really high.

Julia said...

Thanks, 'Stina! I kind of knew that, but I needed someone else to tell me.
I don't really have access to the water heater, so I have no idea if anything leaking, but I guess the building owners are probably keeping an eye on it.