November 16, 2008

800in5

This is my 800th blog.
And it's been 5 years since I've started blogging.

Hurray!

Errr... I really feel like I should put something relevant to this having being 5 years since I started blogging.

I had a kind of odd weekend. Saturday was good in that I did some much needed shopping, but it was also a stressful day because driving the city and then getting lost on the way back was already bad, but also it was raining pretty hard that day. Today was a complete polar opposite in that it was a pretty great day. I guess a mixture of the usual foggy form my brain takes during weekends, the stress of Saturday, and all of the sunlight I ended up getting today, my mind feels like goo. I'm having a hard time making this blog, well, a blog.

Okay, here's something, and I can KIND of tie it into being relevant.

This is a very known, touching song that many people in Japan know these days. The song is basically a 15-year-old writing a letter to her adult self and then the adult self replying back.

It kind of makes sense for this entry because I started blogging at 17 and now I am an adult blogging. So... I suppose that's KIND of like the song...?

But mostly I just kind of wanted to share this anyway because it is a sweet song that I think would touch anyone with a past and a future. ;)

(....I still plan to make a blog in the Julia in Japan blog this, too, I'm going in a different direction that one.)

Anyway, it song is called "Tegami," or "Letter" in English. It's by Angela Aki, a half Japanese, half American singer.



And here is an English translation.

I would've provided the actual music video, but I actually really don't like it so much. I think this video where she's just singing to students gives the song a lot more justice.

I think it's a wonderful song.

Happy 800in5!

No comments: