January 27, 2009

Time

It's still the 27th in the US, so this blog technically isn't late.

It has been one year now since I've started using blogger again. Yay! *throws confetti*

And, in a few days when it is February, that will mark 6 months since I moved here to Japan.

6 months.

Half a year.

But the more I think about it, the more I realize that I simply must have a poor concept of time.

Some people seem to remember their pasts so clearly. For me, it's kind of like watching a small, fuzzy television, I know what's going on and where it's going, but it's just too much of a hassle to do the effort of reflecting too much on it. I don't really see myself in those memories either. When I do have a clear memory pop into my head, I am usually so surprised by it.

Is everyone like that?

I also have trouble wrapping my mind around the idea of me and others around me getting older. I was looking at the wedding album on facebook of someone I've known since I was in elementary school and it was rather overwhelming. When I am in Kagoshima city for some sort of ALT event and I am wearing business casual clothes and checking into a hotel, I feel like some kid playing "business trip" rather than an adult who is actually really doing that for a job.

I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but I just think it's weird that my perception of time is kind of... off.

I haven't been blogging much lately. I know a few people who check here fairly frequently for updates, so my apologizes. :) I guess I just haven't quite been feeling like blogging lately. *shrug*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally feel that way about "playing an adult". I'm 22 and an Adult, but feel like a joke to myself.
And my memory is actually crystal clear in snapshots but I remember my life in one long narrative (as you well know). More events in detail, rather than visual.