March 18, 2010

the present

I was going though my old myspace blogs again. I found quite a few that I enjoyed reading. I used to have so much fun blogging and they were so witty (sometimes) and fun to read. I wish I could bring that feeling back.

My wit and randomness has mostly found a home on my twitter account. Actually day to day things aren't really recorded anyone except in chats and emails. It's a shame, though.

Yesterday, I tweeted-

"So I just realized that my tweets are really weird without the context of... umm... the REST of my life. Oh well, you'll live. ;)"

and someone I don't know personally who has been following my replied-

"@Juuleeya Understandable or not, your tweets are entertaining. And that's the point, right?"

It was kind of neat to know that one of the accounts owned by someone I don't know is actually someone who enjoys my tweets and not just some random twitter bot.

I always really like it when other people can appreciate my "mind goo." :D

Anyway, I thought I would link to some of my old blogs that I really liked as I was skimming through this evening-

1) I LOL'd at this SHS drama related dream that I don't even remember having had before.

2) Reading myself wax poetic about curry amused me to no end. (I actually got tired of it after a while living here, but I still really like to eat it someitmes.)

3) I almost passed right over this blog because I don't even like to think about Annie Get Your Gun, but I ended up reading it and really liking what I wrote about it.

4) I just really love the part about the "Certificate of Appreciation."

5) I wish I remembered if I ever found out what this was about. Oh, and I like my lone comment on it. I think it was originally replying to someone.

6) Is it bad that I just realized how out-of-it this blog was this evening? I like the "Perhaps I'll be able to walk on my own soon??" bit.

7) And lastly (but not leastly?), I liked this blog a lot because it's along the same lines that I've been thinking about lately. :)


That was a fun, yet pointless, little blast from past, right?

Soo.... let's blog a little more about the present shall we?

Today in an English class I was co-teaching, there was an activity in the book where one person had to quickly ask the questions and the other person had to answer as quickly as possible. The teacher and I demonstrated with each other. We had to say "yes, I did" to all of the "did you...?" questions for the sake of the next question making sense.

This is how the conversation went when I was answering-

Teacher: What time did you wake up on Sunday?
Me: Noon. (This was true, I was at an open mic night Saturday night and got home at around 2:30. I didn't get to bed until 3:30-ish.)
Teacher: Did you study?
Me: Yes, I did. (Not true)
Teacher: What did you study?
Me: I studied economics. (Well, I have been studying that lately...)
Teacher: Did you play any sports?
Me: Yes, I did. (I most definitely did not.)
Teacher: What did you play?
Me: I played badminton. (went with the sport I like playing the best even if I hardly ever play it.
Teacher: Did you watch TV?
Me: Yes, I did. (...nope)
Teacher: What did you watch?
Me: I watched (at a complete and total loss) the weather.

The weather?? That's all I could think of?

Anyway, I thought that was a fun story.

Krys is still in boot camp now and I've been mailing her letters about once a week. It's funny, sometimes while I'm writing them, I think "wow, I can usually do this whole sit down and write a letter thing..!" but most of the time, I think I'm just blabbing. It seems like the words written in letters are so much more important than emailed words. Especially when email is out of the question right now. I miss chatting with her all of the time... although most of what I talked to her about was entirely pointless.

Anyway, I've been pretty busy these days and I've been enjoying life a lot.

I'm going to be going to Thailand soon. Hurray!

1 comment:

mysteria456 said...

I liked the old blogs you linked to. Kind of brought back some old memories for me as I looked at the dates they were posted. Fun times!