November 12, 2010

Keeps getting better

It's way too late to be blogging right now, but I've had this blog in my head for a while and I kind of feel like if I am ever going to get it posted, I should just do it.

At this time in my life, I can say that I truly believe that life is getting better. I'm really enjoying grad school. I'm finding it is in many ways better than JET, which was better than college, which was better than high school. I find myself more inwardly open and able to find niches and friends and in places and through the years my environment has changed gradually to one that has more and more niches and friends available.

I'm not going to lie- I've been stressed and overwhelmed. There is a lot to do and think about as a grad school student. My typical life methodology is to take things step-by-step, but it almost feels like some other students were gifted with extra legs and can take several steps at once. In a way, though, I thrive on that. And, from what I can tell, I'm doing rather well.

I'm pretty sure I've adapted to being at MIIS faster than any other place I've gone to school at or worked at. Maybe it was due to the challenges I faced living alone in Japan, perhaps I am just not phased by things as easily as I used to be.

I'm single and I'm fine with it. I always hear about people feeling empty without someone to be in a relationship with, but I don't feel that way at all. I feel that there are no vacancies in my life. Instead I feel like my life is already full of really good people- all taking up spaces that they belong in. They're not replacing anyone- where they are is unique to them. I might look at a guy and think he's cute and perhaps be a little interested in him. Maybe I might feel a little sad if he's not interested in me, but I wouldn't feel like I'm lacking anything without him.

Society has a lot of expectations.

How you should feel about being single, how you should dress, how you should act...

That's another blog.

I feel like I am too overtired to write this blog. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried.

2 comments:

mysteria456 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fanficaholic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.