May 23, 2010

Getting ready to go home

I just wanted to blog. Give me a moment to form my thoughts together and figure out what to write about.

Well, it's May. About two months from now I will be arriving back in the US to restart live there. I am bound to enter a world of no money, no time, and lots of stress. At the same time, I will be doing something that will motivate and challenge me.

Today's one of those days that I can honestly tell myself that I am excited to leave here.

Admittedly, I had a few rough days last week in which I found myself underestimated and judged based on the fact I am not Japanese and I can't claim that doesn't happen sometimes. In the US I can be identified for who I actually am and I can work towards showing people who underestimate me just how wrong they are.

Today I talked to my supervisor and he is going to work out selling by car with the person I bought the car from. I also scheduled with him to discuss my plane ticket back to the US on Thursday (so I'll have an actual date soon.)

I know when the time comes, I'll probably be really sad to leave, but today I just feel excited.

Meanwhile, the weather has become very humid and rainy. It's already getting pretty warm and it shouldn't be too long before it gets to be hot. The reminder of how hot and humid summers are here makes me kind of glad I am not going to be enduring this one all the way through.

I need to start mailing some of my stuff back to the US. I need to get rid of things that I don't want/need. I need to start cleaning my place for the next ALT who will live there. I need to figure out where I will live back in California.

Two. more. months. :)

And in the meantime, this place isn't half bad.

1 comment:

mysteria456 said...

Excitement is good. You should be excited. There will definitely be a time to be sad, but there will definitely be things to look forward to. :)