September 09, 2009

Open says me

Life has been pretty great lately. I am not entirely sure what came over me, but lately I've found myself a lot more open to trying new things and it's been a good experience so far.

I've ridden on a yacht, swam in the ocean (and got my foot cut several times on the rocky ocean floor), started taking Japanese dance and shamisen lessons. A few months ago, I probably wouldn't have taken part in any other those things- mostly out of fear of being terrible at them, but I've been finding myself willingly dragging myself to all of them.

I have also began speaking my mind more. I've been an ALT for a year now and I've kept a lot of things that really bothered me to myself- and now I'm talking about it more and to the right people. It's great not to just keep things inside.

On top of all of this, I've made a couple of good friends since coming back from my visit to California.

My second JET year seems so promising that it's making me reconsider returning to the US after this year. Being the indecisive sort that I am, I decided that I will make up my mind about this during winter when we get the re-contracting papers and the cold weather will probably have me at my lowest possible mood-wise. If my 2nd year low is bad, then I can decide whether I want to go through it again in a 3rd year.

Under all of this fun I've been having, I kind of feel like something is bothering me. I've been feeling sensitive- my feelings have been hurt easily, but I've been having equally speedy recoveries. I've also been pretty lazy about things around the apartment. To me, those are signs that something is wrong that I am not paying attention to.

I suppose that's all. Krystina and Bethany interviewed me via Google documents today and I will be posting that at some point (today? tomorrow??), too.

No comments: