July 17, 2009

Giant Dipper

So, just now, I was just in the middle of my bi-weekly(-esque) nighttime power-walk which is, indeed, turning into a jog little by little.

(Yep, I'm still keeping up on the exercising... all on my own, too. Impressed?)

Anyway, I was walking along and I just happened to look up and immediately notice the Giant Dipper.

I was surprised because I never really casually looked up, noticed, and identified a constellation before. I've noticed them before, but never so quickly and easily. I looked a little more and quickly saw the Little Dipper and Orion's belt (kind of made out the rest of it that constellation, too).

Truthfully, I've never really been able to follow the idea of the imaginary lines connecting certain stars to make a picture. At that moment, I could practically see the lines in my mind.

Impressed and inspired by this, I suddenly had tons of energy and ran the rest of the way back to my apartment building.

(Then wrote one of my very rare blogs... *grins*)

As trivial as this is, I want to remember this as a very very cool moment of my life.

It's Friday night, I head back to California on Sunday for a two week visit.

1 comment:

fanficaholic said...

And when you get to Cali, you will no longer be able to find Orion's belt. (its a winter constellation here, as I was recently told). And funny note- reading the title of your blog, I immediately thought of the ride at the Boardwalk and got all excited inside, thinking it was going to be about that... still happy even though it wasn't though... =P